2B Tech has taken the next step in miniaturization of UV-based ozone monitors by developing the Personal Ozone Monitor or "POM". The POM has dimensions of 4 x 3 x 1.5 inches and weighs only 0.75 lb (340 g). It has a built in GPS so that ozone measurements may be logged continuously along with geographic location. By folding the optical path in the shape of a "U", it was possible to achieve the same path length in the POM as in the Models 202, 205 and 106-L and thus have similar precision and accuracy (~2 ppb).
- Personal exposure monitoring for studies of health effects of air pollutants
- Health and safety monitoring at industrial sites using ozone
- Vertical profiling using balloons, kites, RPVs and light aircraft where space and weight are highly limited
- Long-term monitoring at remote locations where power is highly limited
- Urban arrays of ground-based detectors