Speed and accuracy
Measure water activity (aw) in 5 minutes or less (average read time: 2.5 minutes) with ±0.003 aw accuracy. AQUALAB instruments are the fastest, most precise water activity meters available.
Use the AQUALAB 4TE water activity meter to get lab-quality measurements at the line, receiving dock, processing plant, storage facility—anywhere you need to test and verify the safety and quality of your products and ingredients.
Internal temperature control lets you set a measuring temperature between 15 and 50 °C and use the instrument anywhere—even outside the QC lab.
How it works
The secret to the 4TE’s speed and accuracy is in its unique chilled mirror dew point sensor. The dew point sensor is a primary measure of water activity. Unlike other water activity sensors, the dew point sensor actually measures water activity (Aw), not some secondary parameter merely correlated with water activity (Aw). This makes the 4TE extremely accurate, so you can have complete confidence in your sample readings.
Easy to clean
The sample chamber lid flips up so contamination in the sample chamber is quick to spot and easy to clean.
Secure food safety data
The AQUALAB water activity meter 4TE stores time, date, and user information with every measurement and calibration, and can store up to 10,000 secure data points.
Administrative functions can be set to control access to data. Designate up to 25 unique users and passwords. Use the RS-232 serial data port to download or print data for statistical analysis and to maintain compliance records and archives.
- Fast: water activity meter gets readings in 5 minutes or less
- Accurate: ±0.003 aw
- Verifiable with independent salt standards
- Repeatable: different users, different locations, same result
- Portable: weighs just 7 pounds
- Easy to use: water activity meter yields precise measurements with minimal training
- Secure: offers administrative control over calibration and sample data
- Proven: used by 80 of the top 100 food companies