The Sound Examiner Sound Level Meters SE-400 Series are engineered to accurately measure noise levels in highly variable environments, including those that require intrinsic safety (-IS models). These meters compute average sound pressure level (LEQ/LAVG) over the run time, helping you to more accurately assess occupational and environmental noise levels. Instruments are available in Class/Type 1 and Class/Type 2 models. The SE-401 and SE-402-R models feature a removable preamp to support remote monitoring. Intrinsically safe models allow for monitoring in hazardous environments. All models are ready to use with no set-up required.
- Choice of Microphones | User can specify microphone type (Class/Type I or Class/Type II) based on application. Select Type II for general duty, Type I for applications requiring higher accuracy.
- Removable Preamp (SE-401 and SE-402-R models) | Preamp can be easily removed to enable interference-free low-level monitoring, especially for remote use.
- Aerodynamic Shape | Minimizes disturbance to sound fields being measured, ensuring accurate readings.
- Onboard Data Logging | Allows user to capture maximum, minimum and peak values for thorough analysis. Can be used with TSI Quest Detection Management Software to manage compliance with hearing conservation programs.
- Conformance to Standards | Meets IEC 61672-1 (2002) and ANSI S1.43-1997 (R2007) standards and is CE certified. Intrinsic Safety approvals on SE-401-IS and SE-402-IS.
- Detection Management Software | Offers a variety of functionality allowing the ability to intuitively interpret measurements and generate reports for export and sharing of results.
- Occupational noise evaluation including hazardous locations
- Environmental noise assessments
- General acoustic analysis
- Machinery and equipment noise evaluations