The F-750 Produce Quality Meter non-destructively and rapidly analyzes internal traits of fresh produce through near infrared analysis (NIR). The F-750 sends particles of light into the fruit and then measures the light interactance with molecules to assess the quantity of key quality traits. The model-building software included with the device allows for customizable calibration for specific varieties and regions.
The F-750 has a wide range of applications, from determining optimal harvest timing by assessing fruit maturity, to providing an objective analysis of produce quality of fruit in packing houses and upon import.
The F-750 is a handheld, fully integrated system, allowing users to operate it out in the orchard or inside the QA lab. Its simple, intuitive user interface makes it easy for anyone to use, while its model building software makes it customizable and versatile.
- Measures traits including, but not limited to:
- Total Soluble Solids (TSS or brix)
- Dry Matter
- Titratable Acidity
- Internal Color
- External Color
- Fast and consistent — scans take
4-6 seconds per sample
- Non-destructive measurements
- Built-in GPS for easy crop mapping
- Transflective display for outdoor viewing
- Rechargeable/replaceable batteries that last all day
- Ability to create unlimited customizable models for specific varieties or locations