What is the cutting edge, convenient and comprehensive method of quality testing bread and baked products? The C Cell Colour is an advanced digital imaging system that gives you the capability to assess the quality of products, ingredients and process conditions. This instrument takes a high-resolution colour image of the baked food sample and uses it to provide detailed, objective and easily readable data.
Use the Calibre Control C Cell Colour to test for:
- Internal structure
- External feature
- Number of cells
- Net cell elongation
- Non uniformity
- Cell diameter
- Number of holes
- Wall thickness
- L*a*b* crumb colour
- Bread scoring
- Internal inclusion analysis
- Cake and biscuits
- Snack food
- Aerated products
Why choose the C Cell Colour?
- The C Cell Colour provides consistently reliable and repeatable analytical results while removing human error.
- It is a highly adaptable instrument with adjustable calibrations to suit the needs of your specific application.
- The C Cell Colour uses a bread scoring system which provides consistent results, regardless of site or circumstances.
- It provides quantifiable data, which you can use to score against your quality targets.
- It can provide more than 50 different quality results across a wide range of bakery products.
- The C Cell Colour is useful in demonstrating the impact of even slight changes in processes, production or ingredients on the structure of bread or baked products.
How does it work?
- Place the bread or baked food sample flat in a special draw mechanism.
- Once closed, it enables the C Cell to capture a high-resolution digital image of the sample.
- From this, the instrument can then provide a detailed data analysis using multiple measurements, which are viewable on-screen.
Why you should use the C Cell Colour
Quality testing and analysis of bread and baked products is essential to meet food standards and to ensure a consistent quality that consumers demand.
The C Cell enables the user to gain valuable, objective data for several critical parameters when it comes to analysing baked product quality, including:
- Softness – the C Cell can provide a texture profile analysis to characterise the softness of a sample
- Colour – the C Cell colour gives l*a*b* colour results and data such as internal crumb colour, external crust colour and depth
- Dimensions – multiple measurements for each sample slice including area, width and even optimum packaging dimensions
- Shape – the visual appearance of the sample, such as concavity, oven spring and shoulder and bottom roundness
- Moulding performance – crumb cell elongation measurements provide a visual guide to axis of elongation and level of curvature of the internal crumb structure and give a specific degree of circulation.
- Cell size – by measuring this, the C Cell can quantify holes, wall thickness, cell areas and volumes
Critical measurements for performance and quality
The C Cell Colour is the ideal fit for analysing and monitoring various baking processes and aspects, and baking products:
- Bakery production
- Cake and biscuit production
- Test baking
- Ingredients, such as improvers and yeast
- Research and development
- Snack food
- Flour milling
- Chocolate confectionary
- Bakery equipment manufacturing
- Research and plant breeding